SAFE-SLEEVE protects people near-by a breaking hose (is pin hole-approved). Aluminum rings for attaching the Safe-Sleeve on the hose also available.
• Our standard textile sleeve
• Economical and safe choice for hose protection
• Protect people near-by a breaking hose
• Protect hydraulic hoses from abrasion
• Produced from polypropylene which is very hard-wearing and recyclable
• Endure acids and alkalis well
• Material fully recyclable
• Tolerate both freeze and heat
• Recommended temperature range from -40 °C to +80 °C
• Excellent abrasion resistance
European standard EN ISO 3457 states that hydraulic hoses must be protected in following cases:
- operating pressure exceeds 5 MPa (=50 bar)
- OR temperature exceeds 60 °C
- AND the hoses are in common operating place within 1 meter range from the operator and in case of hose breakage the direct fluid spray may reach the operator
In addition, the protectors must be strong enough to stop, spread or turn the fluid from directly hitting the operator once the hose breaks. Standards EN 12999 and EN 4413 also contain protection demands for hose assemblies.
Our Safe-Sleeve fulfils these demands!
Standard color is plain black, no printing.
Other colors also possible (MOQ 3000m per size).
Available Sizes and Lengths
Available in inner diameters from 17mm to 125mm.
It is recommended to choose a size which is a few millimetres larger than the hose to improve protection and make mounting easier. Whether there is a coupling already installed also affects the eligible size.
Available in rolls of 50m (there is maximum of one extension per roll).
|Product code||Inner Ø / flat (mm)|
Tolerance +/- 0.5mm
|SL-RDX 17||17 / 30|
|SL-RDX 20||20 / 35|
|SL-RDX 23||23 / 40|
|SL-RDX 27||27 / 45|
|SL-RDX 30||30 / 50|
|SL-RDX 36||36 / 60|
|SL-RDX 39||39 / 65|
|SL-RDX 46||46 / 75|
|SL-RDX 55||55 / 90|
|SL-RDX 62||62 / 100|
|SL-RDX 78||78 / 125|
|SL-RDX 94||94 / 150|
|SL-RDX 109||109 / 175|
|SL-RDX 125||125 / 200|
|Safeplast article no.||OD |
Safe-Sleeve Application guide
ID – Inner diameter (mm)
Hose DN mm – Hose diameter nominal (mm)
Hose DN inch – Hose diameter nominal (inch)
Hose OD mm – Hose outer diameter (recommendation max)
|Product code||Safe-Sleeve ID |
|Hose DN |
|Hose DN |