Safeplast Oy’s Customer Register Privacy Statement
Updated on 20 August 2018
Business ID: FI 23419664
2. Contact person for register issues
3. Name of the register and data subjects
Safeplast Oy’s customer register.
We use the register for processing the personal data of our customers and our potential customers as well as their representatives.
4. Purpose of the personal data processing
The data are used only for managing customer relationships and for customer communication.
5. Data content of the register
We collect name, company, email, telephone and address data as well as the data you have entered on the contact form fields. By using cookies, we collect measurable data on the visitors of our website. We use these data for planning our marketing, for example, this enables us to target our communication as well as possible.
The following data may be collected from a data subject, or you:
- name, email address, telephone number
- company name, business ID, street address, postal address and postal code
- data relating to customer relationship management and communication (e.g. subscription or customer feedback)
- technical data as well as cookies sent to the data subject’s browser and the data related to the cookies
6. Register’s sources of information
The collection of names and other contact data is based on a customer relationship or another connection to Safeplast Oy. We collect data in connection with your use of the contact form. We may also receive personal data from your employer or another party that provides us with your data (e.g. if you are indicated as the recipient of a product delivery). Customer company data can also be inspected in or collected from authorities’ systems (e.g. BIS).
7. Disclosure of data
The data is not disclosed to third parties for marketing purposes.
8. Transferring data outside of the EU or the EEA
We may use service providers that can access your personal data from outside of the EU or the EEA, for example from the USA, for processing your personal data. We ensure that the data is transferred in an appropriate manner that conforms to law in compliance with the legislation on personal data processing.
In all situations, our transfer of your personal data outside of the EU or the EEA is based only on the following legal grounds:
- The European Commission has decided that an adequate level of data protection is ensured in the receiving country;
- We have implemented appropriate protection measures for transferring your personal data using the standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission. In that case, you have the right to request a copy of the relevant clauses by contacting us; or
- You have expressly consented to transferring your personal data, or there are other legal grounds for transferring your personal data outside of the EU or the EEA, for example, with respect to the USA, the Privacy Shield Framework approved by the European Commission.
9. Principles of register protection and personal data retention period
We respect the confidentiality of your personal data. The register is saved on a database which is protected with firewalls, passwords and other technical measures and which can only be accessed by persons authorised by Safeplast Oy.
We erase obsolete and unnecessary data in an appropriate manner regurlarly. We retain the personal data only as long as is required for realising the purposes of personal data processing defined in this privacy statement. The data may have to be retained for a period longer than the aforementioned time due to obligations provided for in the Accounting Act or other applicable legislation.
10. Rights of the data subject
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time.
In addition, as per the applicable data protection legislation, you have the right to, at any time:
- be informed about the personal data processing;
- gain access to your personal data and inspect your personal data processed by us;
- request the rectification or supplementation of inaccurate or erroneous data;
- cancel your consent and object to the processing of your personal data, in so as far as the processing of your personal data is based on your consent;
- object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, in so as far as the processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interest;
- receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and transfer the relevant data to another controller, provided that you have personally provided the data for us, that our processing of the relevant personal data is based on an agreement or your consent and that the processing is performed in an automatic manner;
- demand restriction of the processing of your personal data; and
- request the deletion of your personal data.
We may ask you to specify your request and to verify your identity prior to processing your request. We may refuse to implement your request on the basis of a provision provided for in the applicable legislation.
In addition, you always have the right to file a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority, or to the supervisory authority of the EU member state in which you live or in which your place of work is located, if you consider that we have not complied with the applicable data protection legislation when processing your personal data.
Send the requests concerning your rights either by mail or email to the following address or email address:
Inspection or other request concerning personal data
Business ID: FI 23419664
Safeplast Oy will process the requests as quickly as possible, but not later than within 1 month of receiving the request, unless there are other particular reasons for extending the response time.
11. Changes to the privacy statement
We develop our services consistently. Therefore, we reserve the right to make changes to this privacy statement by informing of the changes on this website.
Caplugs at Hannover Messe 2023
Hannover Messe, one of the world’s largest technology industry fairs, returns this year since the COVID-19 pandemic. More than 200,000…Read more
Caplugs acquires Safeplast and expands its operations in Finland
Caplugs, Inc., the industry leader in product protection, is continually looking for ways to expand its product lines and offerings…Read more